Thursday, June 18, 2009

End of things...

So, field school is over

It's kind of hard to believe. I am sitting here thinking "wow..." and nothing more coherent than that

I find that I'm able to be a lot more optimistic and fond of something after it's over (it happens with most of my classes, usually)

I can honestly say I'm not that great at archaeology. I work slowly, and I ask too many dumb questions (much to the frustration of my supervisors and peers) and I cannot accurately determine a Munsell soil color 99% of the time. and that's fine. I had a great time doing it ... most of the time.

I am kind of sad for other reasons.
First, I lost my $12 trowel :(

On a more serious note, I am kind of sad that while I have new acquaintances and new experiences, I don't think I really bonded the way that the rest of the group did. This is kind of depressing. Even the people that also were not living on UE's campus made pretty good friends with someone. :-\

In a professional way, I kind of wish I had something more to show of this; they took my field notebook (which we knew about) and I didn't take any pictures.

HOWEVER, Caitlin took a whole bunch and put them online! http://s718.photobucket.com/albums/ww188/angelmounds09/
Look and enjoy :)

Also, we were in the paper today. For reals, rather than the tiny blurb from 6 weeks ago.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/jun/18/history-in-a-jar/

yes, I felt the need to post comments to better enlighten evansville readers

No comments:

Post a Comment