Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's new...

So, it's getting hot. More than anything, it's getting humid. :(

In good news: I am tanning now, rather than burning.
In bad news: I have awful tan lines :-\

Friday, I water screened. It was generally unexciting, and lordy I'm not so good at it... Especially with clay.

If you ever really want to get a feeling for water screening, get a block of clay (like, the hard compact kind from the ground, not the kind from the store). Soak this in water. Then try and force it through a window screen, while spraying it with water... It's not easy.


This week, my crew (consisting of Luke, Kaitlin and myself) are working on geoarchaeology... this rotation, according to last weeks' group involves a lot of standing around :-\

For those of you not in the same weather area as evansville, it rained a LOT this weekend. This meant that Angel Mounds was a huge mud pit. This in turn meant that we got to bail out the units. Fun fun fun. (side note: we might have destoyed a bunch of unit A on accident... OOPS)

After bailing water, I stood around a lot... A LOT. Then I learned how to set up and level Survey equipment. This was followed by lunch (in summary, ~3 hours of doing nothing but stand)

After lunch, it rained. and by rained, i mean it POURED. So we chilled out, in a shed for about an hour.

Then, for the next 3 hours, my crew learned about taking survey points. We then took 108 survey points over a mound (Mound E, the third largest mound at Angel). I'm pretty sure my pants were destroyed by wading through vegetation. We're thinking about bringing a machete tomorrow...

So... basically, I didn't do a lot today.

Great quote though.
"Ew. Why do you spit it out?"
"What, do you think I should swallow it?"
"Uh, yes. Then I wouldn't have to see it"

(That's what he and she said?)

This conversation had to do with hawking loogies... I think I have developed the same revulsion to spit that Alyssa has... but maybe not on the same scale

No comments:

Post a Comment